Saturday, June 30, 2012

78 Days Left- Saturday Swim Day

Working out during the day in this AZ heat (108-111 degrees) can be a drag.  It is because of the heat that I wake up so early so that I can get to the gym before I break out in a serious sweat.  It is true to inhabit Phoenix you must live in air conditioning some how or some way.  It is common for people to say (perhaps right after they had to walk outside in the sun (even if it was just from their air conditioned house to their air conditioned car) that they want to go swimming.  Its just what we do... I think anyone who knows me well would know that hanging by the pool (normally drinking a margarita) is my favorite past time.  Which is why I thought that some of my cardio days have to involve laps in the pool.

I wasn't under the correct impression at the time when my thoughts veered in that direction because I was thinking that mixing swimming (my favorite thing) with working out (my least favorite thing) would some how equalize things for me.  Well one thing it did for me was set me straight.  I now know that swimming is very difficult.  I was very tired after 6 laps and my goal was 12.  I hit 10 and gave up because I was practically drowning in 4ft of water veering in other peoples swim lane because my body was so tired.  My legs were like soggy mini wheats and I just could no longer make sense of swimming laps.  I did enjoy my self while gaining a new respect for swimmers.




No comments:

Post a Comment