Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday- 90 days Oh Thanks Shaun T

My goals are my goals and I want to see them all accomplished.  This blog is going to be about me working through those goals with the ultimate possibility that I might come out at the end of 90 days much more fit than I have ever been in my life. 

I decided to take this route all because of an Insanity infomercial.  As I sat on my couch and watched Shaun T(creator of Insanity) talk about the concept of working insanely hard for 90 days; one thing stood out to me about what he said which was why wait a year to see results.  If you give it all you got you can see results in 90 days.  I thought hmmm..   I want to try it! (Not Insanity- I am not Insane) but more so working hard at fitness for 3 months. 


What does that mean for me? It starts with goals. I needed to have a starting point ( current stats) and ending point which is an optimal weight of 135 and 12% less body fat that I have now.  Goals are funny like that.  You can say them out loud, then write them down and finally do them. For me its just that easy.  Goals are meant to be conquered just the same that love should be surrendered,  so here I am at the beginning of my journey getting ready to give it all I got day in and day out so that I see amazing results in 90 days.  



Monday I woke up late- 4:34am came and went and I didn't get up until 4:54...which made me 20 min behind.  My back up alarm went off at 5:10am so I guess you could say that I was 15 min earlier if I had succumb to sleep longer and slept in to my alarm.  Got dressed for gym, grabbed my bag (that was packed the night before) and sleepily walked down stairs to pack all my food that I prepped the night before.  Which was:

B-Oatmeal (1/2 cup) Egg whites
S- Can of Tuna and Pineapple slices
L- 4oz chicken 1/2 cup brown rice with green beans
S- Protein Shake
D-Salmon green beans
S-Protein Shake

Headed to the gym:

Started with 30 min of cardio- Ran on treadmill
Workout Focus: Abs and strength training using Circuit Training Method

Abs
Sit Ups 20/20/20 (so I did 20 then did obliques each side)
Crunch Twist
Knee to Chest Crunches
Side Ups
Flutter Kicks

Body

Back Extensions
Squats (thighs 60lb)
Barbell Bench Press (Chest 40lbs working towards 45lbs)
Wide Grip Front Pull Downs (40lbs Back)
Seated Barbell Front Press (20lbs working towards 30lbs for Shoulders)
Barbell Upright Rows (20 lbs Trapezius)
Triceps Cable Push down (Triceps 30lbs)
Leg Extensions (Thighs (40lbs)
Standing Barbell Curls (12.5lbs working towards 15 then 17.5lbs Biceps)
Lying Leg Curls (Thighs 25 lbs)

Glad you could come on this journey with me. I hope to inspire you, make you laugh (hopefully not at my pain) while accomplishing something I have never done before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment