Monday, June 25, 2012

83 days Monday Barbell Training

Woke up on time 4:15am and got my body moving right away. I am such a morning person!  Immediately, I start voxing and texting, packing, cooking, and next thing you know I'm driving to the gym.  Started on time on the StairMaster although I didn't get to go for very long because the class I decided to take at the gym requires set up and space was limited.  My friend (work out partner Angie and I) went to set up so we could get our bar bell workout on...

The class was absolutely amazing... (Michelle is her name and weights are her game) and she was pretty built in a very sculpted way.  She left no room to question whether or not if she knew what she was talking about.  Michelle is clearly a work out expert, although she was not intimidating at all. 

Angie and I decided to get our weights and other materials and then it was go time.  In the class we started with stretching of course but I always get a little worried when while stretching (which is suppose to be the easy part) is hard.  The training we did utilized 4 different muscle groups.  Shoulders, Legs, Arms, and Chest.  Lots of squats, lunges, presses, rows, dips, etc...

The intensity is what you make it, since you are in control of the weights and the effort.  There is always options to modify motions as alternatives but since I am on a path of serious athlete that simply is not an option.  I did enjoy myself (if that's even possible to say since this class involves physical pain) but more so am happy I got through it and felt a sense of accomplishment.  I think this class will be a nice complement to my weekly routine.

I have 1/2 hour more of cardio to get through sometime this day. If I don't get to it I will work through a bonus round before bedtime which is 7pm.

Bonus Round



Meals

B-Protein shake w/protein (glutamine) and bcaa
S-Turkey (3 slices salad
L-Tapia and green beans
S-2 brown rice cakes with 1table spoon of PB
D-Chicken and green beans
S-Protein Bar

No comments:

Post a Comment