Tuesday, June 12, 2012

It's just not my thing

Over the past year I have come to be known for my passion for running.  Unfortunately for me running never became for me what it becomes to most people who run- A Lifestyle.  It was just something I did so I could spend time with my partner/friend of which I got extra benefits of weight loss.  During the time I ran (approximately one year) I ran 8-9 races (I cant remember exactly so it could be more than 9). Anyway I could see summer was approaching and running (something that is difficult for me anyway) was getting harder so I decided to switch up my goals and try something new.  Out of all of the goals I could have come up with I landed on the idea of training for a figure competition.  I plan on training from June - September so approximately 13 weeks of training.  I plan to resume my training for running in September with the hopes of being stronger.  I will use running as part of my cardio training but on a treadmill due to the heat in which I hope to avoid.

Prep Work


Planning has been  the most time consuming part.  A very nice friend who introduced me to the idea of figure competition training has been such a huge help in my prep work.  She helped me with food, supplements, lift routines and over all support and encouragement.  Over all I know this journey will be very hard.  3 months of weight training is something I have never embarked on before.  There is much sacrifice but much to gain.  I will be giving up several things over the next three months and I am wondering how I will honestly fair through the process.  Coffee and alcohol, fast food, deserts, or any food splurges.  There are changes I will have to make like my water intake.  Currently I have a hard time drinking enough water, but when I start taking supplements and training on this level I will need to drink almost a gallon of water per day.

Balance


I am giving up lots of foods but will splurge one time per week with one meal.  I will allow myself to eat a little more loose for that meal to help maintain my balance.  I plan to do the same with my work out.  I plan to rest one day so that I don't burn out to the point of no return.

No comments:

Post a Comment