Thursday, July 26, 2012

52 Days- Thursday Food Prep

Enjoying my morning with my family can be just as healthy as spending an hour at the gym.  I speak a lot about rest and recovery but hardly practice it. Speaking as a novice I can only speak from experience.  Experience from yesterday or the day before but experience nonetheless.  What I notice mostly from working out 5-6 days a week is that my body gets so sore and tired that it actually starts sending signals to my brain that mirror flu like symptoms.  I found that this week when I took it a little easier on my body that I felt better and less like I was coming down with a cold.  I also weighed myself and lost 2 more pounds.  This is huge because I felt I was fighting with the scale all month and as it stands now it took one whole month to lose 7-8lbs.  I was super excited to learn that the scale is moving towards the right direction.

This morning since I didn't work out I got a chance to work on my food prep.  I cut up lots of chicken to cook along with steamed a good amount of green beans (my favorite).  You might have noticed that I eat green beans a lot and that is only because I found a veggie that fits with the plan, is easy to prepare, and taste yummy.  I am a fan of sauteed onions so if I have the time I fold in onions to enhance the flavor.  I eat hot sauce on my food to add flavor but eventually I might have to cut it because of the additional salt.  I also like to add a spoon full of hummus or cottage cheese to my lunch to add something extra and usually I am so happy with this...

To learn how prep my foods for the week I looked at many You Tube videos'. In the beginning I spent my time looking at how people prep for 6 meals a day on a consistent basis and found people have their own systems.  For instance people might cook all the meals on Sunday night and place them in baggies or zip loc storage.  I like to make my meals at night and I cook enough for that nights dinner and the next day's lunch... If I know I am going to be somewhere where I can't prep food I try to plan for that.  There are times that I haven't been able to prep meals (3 times in 30 days) so I worked up a plan to get me through the day when and if this happens. (See I have to have a plan for my plan LOL) 

I go to the grocery store and get prepped fruit or veggies or I go to fresh and easy since they have lots of individually wrapped choices on veggies or fruit.. I also have one fast food place that I feel is great for emergencies... Chipotle.. I get a burrito brown with the following. Brown rice, black beans, salsa, lettuce and tomato... (no cheese, no sour cream, no guac.) I think this is a great work around if and when life happens and you have to make a run for the border...

No comments:

Post a Comment