Tuesday, July 17, 2012

61 Days Tuesday - Rest and Recovery

Any informed athlete knows that proper rest and recovery is beneficial for more than body aches and pain.  Recovery itself is the process in which the body needs time to repair and strengthen itself in between work outs.  If a person endures continuous training and never allows for real recovery then the body can actually grow weaker.

Another way I allow for recovery is working out different muscle groups.  I might work my back and chest on Monday then the next day I work totally different muscle groups like legs and abs.  It is important to give 1-2 days of recovery for each muscle group and once I have worked all my muscles during that week I usually focus on cardio. 

Regardless of what we do, when we do it, or how it's done it is just important to stay motivated while doing it.  Reading about fitness, looking at motivating pictures, or glancing at those skinny jeans are great ways to keep your mind on the prize.



Meal Plan
B) Oatmeal
S)Almonds
L) Chicken Breast green beans and Quinoa
S)Protein Bar
D) Chicken with green beans
S) Apples with PB

No comments:

Post a Comment