Saturday, July 21, 2012

57 Days Saturday Arizona Figuire Competition

NPC or National Physique Committee is an amateur bodybuilding organization that sanctions various bodybuilding competitions across the US.  Miles Productions  is a promoter who host NPC shows locally of which I went to my very first show today.  I have to say I didn't really know what to expect from this venue since I have never been to anything like this.  I can say that the event was very much professional or classy and is something I can see myself participating in at some point.  It appears that the shows happen a few times a year and from the posted schedule the next one will be in November.

As I consider participating in this event in November the sobering thought crosses my mind of how much work is involved.  I know because of the level of commitment I have given so far.  I deduce that somehow despite all of the hard work that perhaps I am only giving about 1/2 of what it will take to get ready for something like this and that truly scares me. 

There are so many questions I had during this show, like what class would I be in (light weight, middle weight, heavy weight) which apparently is determined by weight.  I guess I would be deemed a novice since I have never placed before but more than likely I think bikini might be the best place to start.  I left very motivated and ready to train harder, faster, and tougher.  I think its a pretty cool thing to strut your stuff like these ladies did.  It took a lot of hard work, dedication not to mention sacrifice.  I say sign me up!

Winners

                                              Bikini               Fitness                    Figure


No comments:

Post a Comment