Thursday, July 12, 2012

66 Days Thursday - Weight Gain

Today is my day off from working out and it could not have come sooner.  Every part of my body screams for recovery.  Undergoing this 90 day journey no doubt will become a way of life however I thought it might be helpful to journal some of the set backs, self discovery, or plain outright distractions that I felt  during the process just in case it might help someone who is experiencing the same issues as they undergo their own personal journey.

First of all I feel absolutely great as I enter into 20+ days of this process.  I am in awe that I was able to institute a daily regimine as abstemious as this one and keep up with it with such discipline. Initially the difficulty started with the elements of the plan,  which is setting a time that I would be able to get to the gym daily for up to 2 hours.  The plan has to work with my work schedule since I unfortunately have to work 40 hours, while allowing me to take care of my husband and family.  The second issue is food.  The primary obstacle for many to live an abstemious lifestyle is finding time to prep meals daily/weekly. This was and is the single hardest part of doing this whole program.  Anyone can get to the gym daily but planning, purchasing, and prepping meals (6 daily to be exact) is the real challenge. I will spend a whole other post explaining how to make success out of meal prep..

The last issue which is key is keeping motivation and drive.  One of the ways to get motivation is usually through weight loss or visual results.  I got one of these but didn't get the other.  Initially I lost a few pounds but within a week or two gained it right back.  Here I am at day 22 and I have only lost inches and have gained muscle (yes muscles I can see). I am trying not to lose motivation and ultimately I know that if I keep going that I will see the results that I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment