Monday, July 30, 2012

48 Days Monday Cardio

Even though the beginning of the month hasn't started as of yet, I decided to work towards my new monthly goals starting today.  New goals should always be started on a Monday in my book! As previously discussed I am working to increase my cardio goals so that I will now be doing my same routine but incorporating a minimum of 45 minutes of cardio in my daily work out.  Previously I had always included cardio but hardly went over 30 minutes in a given session.  I am being advised that the StairMaster or interval training might be more beneficial.  What that means for me is when I run on the treadmill, I will do intervals.  The plan is to run around 6.0 for 4 min and work up to 1 minute and a half of sprinting, then run again for 4 min until my 45 min of cardio has been completed.  I think another excellent place to get interval training in is in spin class.  I would be getting an hour of this type of cardio in as well if I opt for a spin class every now and then.  It helps to do classes like that because you have the support of people, loud music, and a fun instructor that goes by the name of Steve. 

Meal Plan

B)Omelet
S)Carrots with tablespoon of hummus
L) Chicken and green beans
S)Cottage Cheese and pineapple
D)Fish and green beans and brown rice
S)Apples and PB

No comments:

Post a Comment