Wednesday, July 4, 2012

74 Days and Counting Wednesday

Each day as I recount all of my day's activities so that I can write this blog the one thought that I always come back to is that the clock is ticking.  Every time I write the daily stamp of 74, 73, 72... days left I realize that despite seeming like 90 days is far away, time seems to be moving rather fast.  I am currently in my 3rd week of my first month and am realizing that 90 days will come and go. I try to focus on what my body will look like after this time passes. Despite how long this process seems to be taking makes no difference, but it is the light at the end of the tunnel that I continue to keep my eyes on.

The lesson that I get from this is that goals are simply the result of something that effort was directed and the daily effort of eating right and exercise are bringing me closer and closer to my goals.  I love the saying by Brian Thomas Littrell that says shoot for the moon and even if you miss it you will land on the stars.  What that says to me is shoot for something high and even if I get in the best shape of my life, improve my health, and can bench press 100 lbs I will have gained much more than I would have by not shooting for anything.  The moral of this story is create fitness goals today!

My goals 
-a weigh 135lbs
-decrease my body fat
-change my diet
-become and active person
-sculpt my body into figure competition size
-inspire others along the way

Exercise today was one of the hardest days I have experienced thus far.  I did a class at Lifetime gym called Total Conditioning and it was plyometrics based so the entire class was one big burpee slash push up while you hold your hands behind your head.  I was a sweaty mess and probably not very coherent for a few hours afterwards but I made it through and now its something I can aspire to get better at each week.  I did the class at 7am and will be going to boot camp (if the rain lets up) this evening.

Meal Plan
(post work out I had a protein bar )
B) Protein Shake (with supplements)
S) Carrots & Hummus
L) Salmon served over Quinoa and green beans
S) Almonds
D)Chicken and Green beans
S) Protein Shake


No comments:

Post a Comment